Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, May 07, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

It is time for Thrifty Thursday with Leigh at Bloggeritaville .
Rhoda and I went to the flea market last week (Leigh was still trying to recover from her vacation with the girls)
This is the highlight... I don't know if it will come across right. Let me just say the picture of an 'antique' radio blasting out rap music just about sums up the Bessemer flea market.





We did do a little crazy over the bead guy. I made some beautiful pieces!
Now that's Thrifty for a Thursday!
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

9 comments:

Chef E said...

I am one of those people that have the bumper sticker that says 'Warning, I brake for thrift stores, garage sales, and flea markets'!

I would go crazy for the bead guy too! I miss having as many as we had in St Louis when I lived there...

Char said...

I went to the flea market in Montgomery last weekend and it was just not the same. I miss Birmingham.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Awww, I love my new stuff! Thank you Sandi. See ya tonight for Italian. :)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

You got that radio going just right!

Palma said...

Very cool! Good job...are we bringing any to Italy?

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

ChefE~ I'm sure there are lot's of people that wouldn't even notice the piles of stones. I was giddy!
Char~ Next time we go we'll let you know. Y'all can come up for the day.
Rhoda~ a presto tutti
Palma~ I think so... a necklace can dress up anything.

Chandy said...

Wow, those are awesome necklaces!

annies home said...

that is too funny old meets new type of deal LOL

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Nice finds! I will most definitely be checking out more of your blog. Found you through Leigh's place. Hope you have a great weekend!

~Misti

Related Posts with Thumbnails