Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Southern cookin, Tuscan style


I have been so lucky to have this oportunity... to share my southern style of cookin in a Tuscan kitchen. My friend Gail of Gail's Great Escapes has invited me to spend 2 weeks cooking in this fabulous kitchen.
It is a little challenging, no microwave, a tempermental gas stovetop that I am not used to... it is hard to figure out the temperature. Other than that I am in hog heaven.

The garden right out the door is full of basil, rosemary, sage (or salvia), and a full vegetable garden with squash, tomatoes, lettuce and artichokes. Just walking through with my coffee in the morning is a rush of pleasure. It is lovingly tended by Evo, who has promised to come to our party this Thursday.

I have brought several recipes from home. I am cooking for the next 2 groups coming to the villa. I will have to post photos when I am home again, or when I use my laptop. I brought some WhistleStop marinade along with me for the Lemon-caper chicken, and the Rosemary pork tenderloin.

No one will leave hungry!
Ciao y'all!
Sandi

11 comments:

Char said...

sounds like a fun adventure - I know they will love your food.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

That kitchen is heavenly! Wow! What a dream job opportunity, Sandi! I am so excited for you and am enjoying reading all about it.

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

How exciting! I can't wait for you to tell us all about it. That kitchen is to die for! Enjoy yourself!

Janice said...

Hey, there. If you ever take this fabulous job again, please consider this Alabama girl for your sous chef or dishwasher. I know you are having a wonderful time - thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Oh what a wonderful trip! Wish I was there to taste that food, bet you are in heaven! Be safe!

Unknown said...

Good for you! Sounds like it will be a nice cooking adventure. Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Anonymous said...

I'd sell my soul for a kitchen like that!

Lisa Pogue said...

Oh, this looks like heaven on earth! What a beautiful table and kitchen. Girl, you are so enjoying this aren't you? Can't wait for more pictures!!!

Jerry said...

Lucky you to be hanging out in the villa with friends and family! It looks as if everyone is having a fun time.

lululu said...

that tomato is so cute!

girasoli said...

Sounds like heaven! I would give anything to have a garden like that outside my door. Beautiful kitchen also!

Related Posts with Thumbnails